Friday, September 17, 2010

August Photoshoots Update


Had a Rozen Maiden shoot in the heart of the Toa Payoh town, was a really sunny day but there's a lot of decent covers nearby so it was quite bearable. I never really worked with most of the cosplayers except for the leader in this shoot, but they are pretty friendly.

Album: Here


Yang asked me out for a shoot before the Natsu Matsuri event, so I met up with her at the Xiao Gui Lin near the Bukit Gombak MRT station. Probably one of the rare places in Singapore with some kind of China feel, we took advantage of the many rocks and the cliff background to produce the shots. It's not too bad but I was feeling sleepy due to my late night editing the day before.

Album: Here


The day after Natsu Matsuri, I met up with my cosplayer friend who did the Listen! ED version of Mio Akiyama from the series K-On!!

We had two helpers (her boyfriend who is known for making some epic armour cosplay, and a mutual friend of ours called "Yui" heh) who made the shoot very manageable. We went up to the Pinnacle@Duxton, well known for its nice view of the city as well as a rather clean feel. The shoot went well, except for the water spout incident. Haha.

Album: Here


A few months back, there was a group shoot involving the different characters of the game series Guilty Gear. However, because of the size of the group we ended up shooting at a generic location in town. Because I wanted a gritty feel to the series, I asked Evie if she's free to do another shoot in an abandoned location. She gamely agreed to the shoot, and it went well thanks to the help of her boyfriend who carried the reflector and bag.

A lot of people didn't believe that most of the shots were made without the use of a flash. Initially I had wanted to shoot using the flash, but the presence of several concentrated beams of light in the location led me to use them instead. Result's pretty decent although I would have preferred the location to be bigger.

Album: Here


It's time to visit the Final Frontier (aka Tuas) again. We were lucky to get some really decent weather because the last few times I was there, it was raining cats and dogs!

The area we shot look less desert-like than before. I guess in about a year or so, the entire location will be remade into an industrial zone much like the ones in Loyang and Changi. But I love the place anyway, it felt vast and peaceful.

Album: Here


Bad weather turned this concept shoot into an indoor one, so we had the shoot in Yang's house. Not too bad but the room's really small so framing's really important.

During the shoot, we also joked about people owing money and what the three would do in such situations. Well, random stuff can be fun sometimes.

Album: Here

I'll be writing about my Sydney trip soon, so stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner