Thursday, May 19, 2011

Malaysia - Part I

It's been another busy period for me ever since I came back to Malaysia, my home country.

Almost immediately, I was invited to a few shoots before and after the Chinese New Year celebration. They kept me really occupied, but it was fun nonetheless and it's fun to hang out with friends again!


My first shoot since my return was with a cosplayer friend whom I worked with before, Byou. To be honest this is her first time doing this kind of cosplay so I appreciate the trust that she has in me.

It was also my time visiting this abandoned location... unlike the ones in Singapore, this place looks really messy. A result of the constant throwing away of rubbish and other things, I guess. The shoot went smoothly mainly because she has some pretty good ideas that worked really well.

Album: Here


A bit out of the norm, I was invited by Hani and Zend for a photoshoot in the middle of the city. I would say it is different because this shoot is based of a Western comic series rather than the conventional Japanese anime/manga/game series.

So it was a short 1 hour session where we all had good fun even though it was really warm at the location (a car park). Hopefully there will be another chance to shoot something different again.

Album: Here


So after the previous shoot was done, off I go to the train to meet up with Shine and friends for a shoot at the earlier abandoned location again. It was my first time working with the popular cosplayer known as Fishy, nice lady. :)

Challenging shoot because of the heavy rain, rendering the place dark and creepy. Thankfully we went as a bunch so nobody got 'scared'. I think the only scare here would be the wet floor!

I was lucky enough to bring some lighting equipments so I was able to salvage some shots, although a small number of shots were made using natural light. There is a time and place for everything, and I do mean everything.

Album: Here


A shoot that was more of fun and games among friends, the searing heat made the shoot short and sweet. We went to the Bukit Jalil Park, mainly because most of the cosplayers find the place convenient to go to. Next time, I'll bring a fridge to a similarly warm shoot. :P

Album: Here


Back to the very same place once again. The smell's gone though the floor remained sticky and the weather's hot.

This was the second last bandaged Shana shoot, and Jun's first, so I opted for a naturalistic feel to the photos. She likes them but I felt I could have done better. But anyway we ended up at Subang Jaya's Empire after the shoot for some hearty Japanese meals. Yummy.

Album: Here


Second time working with Shine, and also the second time I am doing a night shoot in Malaysia. Well, it is technically not a 100% night shoot because we started earlier from late afternoon onwards, which is a good thing because the security guard at the park told us that the place closes at 8pm sharp.

Some of the shots were made at ISO 6400, crazy stuff because my camera is not one of the full frame bodies. AF accuracy was severely reduced too, due to a total lack of light.

But all's well ends well. Next time, I will be more prepared...

Album: Here

Phew, that's all I have for now. Looks like I am fast catching up with the latest updates, so keep an eye out for the second part soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner