Sunday, May 8, 2011

The SG Photo Derby (Part II)

And here's the second batch of shoots I did in Singapore...


CLOVER - First time working with Angelion on a series from Clamp. Nice weather, pity about the wet grasses though. For a relative newcomer to the cosplay scene, she did a pretty good job with this cosplay. She's friendly too, very easygoing with a love for singing.

Album: Here


Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan - Despite never having to play the game or watch the anime, I have... quite a substantial amount of information on the series.

Anyway, it was a hot day and we stopped early. The shoot was okay, and I get to use the Canon 5D Mk II for a short while. The camera's not bad, although the lens supplied could have been better.

Album: Here


Sandplay - Well, what can I say... I love Miku and I love to work with Yang. The studio shoot was also a great learning experience for both me and Shane, because usually I don't get to operate the big lights for my other works.

Album: Here


Kuroshitsuji: Alois - I managed to secure a bar for this shoot. Interesting time since a bunch of friends dropped by later and make it into an informal gathering. Lots of laughs but the shots turn out pretty okay in the end~ :)

Yang's Alois is near perfect!

Album: Here


Kenka Bancho - I was there as a helper, but I took some shots too!

It was also the last time I visited the abandoned factory in Kranji. I had some pretty memorable shoots there, so I felt kinda sad on that day. Heh.

Album: Here


Defense Devil - It was a last minute invite, but I gladly accepted it since I will be working with a few of my old-time friends.

Good thing too, since the location we used to do the shoot was closed a few days later to make way for a new arts gallery situated there. A bummer for many photographers and cosplayers.

Album: Here


Angel Sanctuary: Kurai - My final shoot with Yang. Guess that all good things come to an end.

Album: Here



Once in a while I get to do a trial shoot, this is one of the instance. Spent the time on getting a few shots while waiting for the train to show up... well it did, when we least expected it.

Album: Here

Well, that's all I guess! Actually I have one more shoot to talk about, but I'll leave it to another entry in the future. You might also noticed that I kept my comments short and sweet this time round... guess it is because I already mentioned quite a bit of stuff in my photo albums.

Onwards, to great justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner