Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June Update #4



Besides Starfest, there were 3 other events held during the subsequent weekends of June. Although not everyone turn up for these events, but there were a lot of photographers and curious onlookers!


One of the longest running events apart from Cosfest and EOY, Streetfest has changed its venue this year to Plaza Singapura. In the past, there were more J-rock related cosplay although the focus have somewhat changed to more general cosplay series. As usual I have a very busy time that day, doing two photoshoots in the morning and covering the event as much as I can later in the afternoon. I fell ill the next day, took me a while to recover.

Album: Here


*SCAPE is a new building located next to Orchard Cineleisure that caters to the youth. An event was held on the 19-20 June to officially open the building.

Originally I didn't want to drop by, but I changed my mind after Yang got interested in the event. Arrived there early only to find a small number of cosplayers wandering around. There were a few good ones though, so I didn't count the trip as a waste of time.

The location's generally not that bad for shoots, especially for series that are urban-based. I was told that there's a nice rooftop as well. Anyway, I left the place after catching a few stage performances and bidding farewell to Yang and the rest.

Album: Here


Finally, Japan Fiesta 2010 (held at Orchard Central) was the event with the least number of cosplayers because many people are still preparing for Cosfest IX. The most interest thing about the event was the Japanese and Korean cosplayers showing their stuff on stage.... some pretty amazing performances there. You can check them out at the Youtube links I provided in the Multiply album listed below.

Album: Here

*phew* And that's all I have for the June updates... I still have some things to write about for this month (July) so stay tuned to the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner